Please Help! Compter wont boot...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alphaex32, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alphaex32

alphaex32 Registered Member

I just installed the trial of acronis disk director suite 9.0 and OS Loader and now I have a serious problem. I restarted after the installation, only to get an error before windows started to boot up. I see the text "Starting Acronis Loader.." and then debugging information loads up saying that "Exception 0D Occured" (followed by a screen full of other code). It then continues to attempt the start the loader over and over until I restart. Now, there is no way for me to boot into windows (or anything else for that matter) because I can't figure out how to disable or bypass the loader. I also tried making os loader boot disks with mediabuilder on a different pc, but I get the same error after loading the disks. Is there anyway for me to uninstall or disable OS selector through the file system? Temporarily, I installed the harddrive onto a different system so that I could access my files, but I still cant boot from that drive. I have searched through the file system and attempted to delete every trace of acronis software, but it still wont boot. HOW DO I DISABLE THE LOADER IF I CANT USE AN UNINSTALLER? I emailed the acronis support address yesterday, but havent gotten a reply yet and have no confidence that they are going to help me, so im asking for any help you can provide ASAP! Thank you

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, alphaex32

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis

Please read this Post:- #2

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. alphaex32

Just tried that....after running FIXMBR and restarting, it still tries to boot into Acronis OS Selector. If you can tell me any files that this software installed which start the loader, maybe I can delete them manually. Also, what about the Recovery Console command "FIXBOOT" ? Should I try that, or will it destroy all of my data on the partition?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  4. alphaex32

alright, I ran fixboot and this stopped acronis from loading, but now, when it tries to load windows, I get a blue screen error. The only thing I can think of to do now is to reinstall windows. There is a problem, though...when I enter windows setup and select my main partitio, It tells me that there is already a windows installation on that partition and I should install on a different one. Shouldnt it give me the option to reinstall? (Oh, and sorry this kinda doesnt have that much to do with acronis too much anymore)

5. TheQuest

Hi, alphaex32

That is what I was going to say try next if FIXMBR did not work, no it will not
    destroy your data.

So give it a try.

How many OS do you have installed.

Take Care,

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alphaex32 --

Grrrrr... Well, running "fixboot" wasn't a good idea. Actually (may be I'll sound a bit rude) I do hate when people ask for help and do something before they receive an answer... And after that, when situation gets only worse it's not easier to resolve the problem.

I assume you have several drives connected to your PC, at least more than one, because normally, "fixmbr" would have fixed the problem.

Please tell me your Support ID number (the one that came with auto-reply after you contacted our Support via e-mail) and I'll check it out.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

7. TheQuest

Hi, Anton

That did not help. [different system fines new hardware]

He did wait most of the day. [I am being sarcastic ;)]

:D :D

Take Care,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.