Please Help Boot Media Problem!! ATI 11.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by megs8888, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megs8888

megs8888 Guest

Hi thanks for your time whoever enlightens me with the answer.

I am in need of 3 things I am about to replace the 80GB HD in my Laptop for a 160GB one, therefore I have to back up my current C Drive. I have backed up the C drive to an external HD.

Then comes the problem, I have to create a boot disko_O? so I can install my back up files to my new HD I take it? I am following the wizard instructions and place a blank cd-r in the drive and when i try and write to it i get This ERROR MESSAGE!!

ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 30 09.13.gif

can anyone help please.

2nd problem I am wanting to restore my Laptop when I have replaced the drive, can someone give me a basic instruction on how to do this I have read tutorials with ATI and its confusing me as I dont want to stuff this up due to time wasting factor.

3rd question I did a complete back up of full C drive as mentioned will that also keep my email setting etc??

thanks for your help guys.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you have InCD running it will interfere with the making of the boot disk.
    If not, when you put the blank cd in the tray, leave the tray open and let the process close the tray.

After you have made the boot CD, remove the 80 gig drive, install the 160 gig drive, boot with the boot CD and choose Recovery from the menu. Follow the prompts to restore the Image you have on the external drive on to the 160 gig drive.

All the settings you had on the 80 gig will be on the 160 after the restore is completed.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Perhaps my 2 beginner guides listed below can help. Illustrations (image BR1) on how to create a Rescue CD is included in the Backup pdf.

4. megs8888

megs8888 Guest

Thanks that helped still one problem, I installed the new 160GB drive and then attempted to restore it got half way through and said it failed to read sector and faile dto load is there anything I have to do with the bigger hard drive at all?

5. megs8888

megs8888 Guest

Also my new HD is bigger than my old one does that have any impact on the procedureo_O? AT ALL!!

I tried reading Menrcarmans instructions but not available page not found.

thanks megs.

6. megs8888

megs8888 Guest

ALSO I HAVE NOW RESTORED THE DRIVE BUT ITS NOT SHOWING ITS TRUE CAPACITY ITS ONLY 55.7GB INSTEAD OF 160GB The resoration went well though apart from the storage issue.

7. megs8888

megs8888 Guest

ALL FIXED I REALISED MY ERROR THNAKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS GOOD WORK... :):)

8. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Glad you go it working ... make sure the 160 gig is showing in My Computer as at least 149 gig.

9. megs8888

megs8888 Guest

It is showing 149GB which is good thanks for your help again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.