Please Explain...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

this to me. I've read but do no Intel.png t understand if this should be running for me. I don't use RAID.
    Thanks
    Rico

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It's running on my system, and I don't use raid either. Not sure exactly why other than it does monitor the disks.

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

AFAIK, Intel RST works with AHCI disks and RAID systems. In non-RAID systems, it installs optimized drivers for AHCI disks, that supposedly improves the disk operation. This message is not applicable to non-RAID systems, just ignore it.

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Peter & Robin,
    Thanks for helping! I did see something about this requires 2 hdd's. So with just one Hdd, this is sucking up mem, (sys tray), and providing no bennies. When I looked at "preferences" within the program, the only option is/was to hide the tray icon, hiding I don't believe is the same as not allowing it. Perhaps my thinking is wrong here. Armed with the above new insight. I did:

msconfig. disabled delayed start Intel, this had two things one was, RST the other o_O?
    Next found the service for RST & disabled.

Thanks
    Rico

I should have asked what is "AHCI" & how can I tell if i have it, if so RST may have some value?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.