Please explain this .....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MasterTB, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Hi:
    I read an article here http://www.winplanet.com/article/3847-.htm and in one of the paragraphs where it explains the news about ESS and EAV3 it says:

"It's also got quite a bit of power, with a system process monitor reminiscent of the Process Explorer utility from Winternals, the Microsoft subsidiary. It's possible to shut down a suspicious process and the personal firewall can be used to shut down an application that is acting suspiciously.
    Different levels of security can be applied to applications. For example, Microsoft Word can have a normal level of security or ESET Security Suite can treat it as if it were a browser and apply the same kind of scrutiny to its disk and network activity as it would Firefox or Internet Explorer."

I understand the firewall part because on the connections overview there is the option to allow/deny temporary acces to the net to any of the listed processes. What I don't find is the ability to shut down a suspicious process and I have checked the entire GUI in advanced mode.
    Any thoughts??

2. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

Is it something to do with the option for monitoring suspicious applications? You can either set it during a custom install, or within the GUI afterwards.

I used to be a ZoneAlarm user (before I discovered NOD32!), and within the firewall rules there was an option to kill a specific process (the application options were allow/deny/ask/kill). I don't think ESS has an application-specific option such as this. I may be wrong though.

Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.