Pixel attatched to.....is it somehow tracking me?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by nic'd, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nic'd

nic'd Registered Member

Hi, I am new to this forum and fairly new to computers. Somehow a pixel became attatched to the hmm, how to explain this,,, when I place the pointer
    in either the address box at the top of my browser page or the dictionary box provided by Firefox, and left click a flashing line appears. On this flashing line there is an odd pixel, near the top of the line and it only appears when I'm about to change sites. Seems to be watching where I go and dose not care what I do after I get there.

I run SpywareBlaster, Spybot SD, Microsoft Anti, Mcafee Security Suite, and Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE personal. None see it.

Appreciate any help
    nic'd

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

It sounds like a one pixel Web Bug you're describing, and i'm surprised you manage to see them/it. You can eliminate these tracking bugs with this App which i have been using for some time now with excellent results, as it blocks every one one of them. On some websites there are none, but on others i've seen anything from 1 to nearly 30 ! Even famous name sites use them. Along with cookies, and certain other settings in your browser if you havn't disabled them, they are a privacy concern.

I know you said that you use FF, so i'm not sure about web bugs on that, but this App definately will kill them using IE. And you're right, if they are web bugs then very few other Apps will notice them, and even fewer can stop them.

. . .

Desktop Armor watches dozens and dozens of important settings on your computer and warns you if any program has changed them. This catches many of the changes a virus, worm, or trojan program will make to your computer and lets you immediately fix them back! Plus Desktop Armor includes a lot of other useful features like a Popup blocker, checks to help you avoid Phishing scams, and much more!

Desktop Armor protects your privacy by blocking "Web Bugs": tags that are invisibly included on web pages to track you.

http://www.desktoparmor.com/index.shtml

StevieO

3. nic'd

nic'd Registered Member

Stevie O,

Hey thanks, funny thing about this is wherever I picked it up I'm sure I trusted the sight and I know I read that they used them (I was in download mode that night and wasn't looking back) I take a picture everyweek (HiJack This) But I'm still unsure how to what to do with the information. I'll give this
    http://www.desktoparmor/index/html a run.

nic'd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.