Pirated versions of Vista may be useless, says Microsoft

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chubb, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Pirated versions of Vista may be useless, says Microsoft

Found this article from InfoWorld and CDRInfo, for information only, not sure if it is true or not.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/11/15/HNpiratedvistauseless_1.html

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=19008

2. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

lol... the statement cracks me up :D :ninja: :shifty:

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Wow, you sure are faster than me when posting news of this...:D
    Okay, bottomline is its okay and legal to use pirated versions of Microsoft Office 2007 since they made no comment on it. That's good. :D:thumb:

Weird guys @ MS.

4. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Well they can't do anything about it. IMO MS are silly to publicise this news, now everyone is aware that Vista and Office 2007 is available to download (P2P, etc).

Don't worry M$, hopefully Vista will be the nail in the coffin and Ubuntu (Linux) the hammer for home users to drive it into.

Don't get me started on Zune, like the XP theme btw.

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Pirated copies and the Genuine M$ version.........Mmmmmm?...will we know the difference I wonder?......considering that neither are going to be upto much....

You never know, maybe the Pirated version may have fewer bugs....:D :D :D

Cochise...Secure in the knowledge....

6. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Come on, we all know that pirated versions of Vista will be useless, because the genuine versions are also useless. Unless the pirates somehow "enhance" their version of Vista...

7. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Ya, there's nothing M$ can do to combat piracy ... statements like this only highlight the issue. Sqawking won't make the issue go away ... if they'd reasonably price Windows they wouldn't have such a problem ... I won't weep any tears for them ... Do they really expect any different? ~ With M$'s latest BS with IP patents and the Novell deal ... I couldn't careless what their problems are ... may they suffer a mighty backlash over Vista/DRM controls (may the anti-trust suits continue ten fold)... it warms my heart to read that various governments are transitioning over to linux ... may their total disregard for their customers finally slay the beast.

I have absolutely no pity at all for Microsoft.

8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

According to Neowin, the official MSDN version of Vista RTM is different from the leaked version, as the hash is different:

Not sure if the difference is due to the EULA as MSDN has different licensing terms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.