Pirated Software May Contain Malware

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronjor, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. guest

guest Guest

I don't mean to support piracy, at all. But from my own experience, pirated software aren't really all that nasty. There are some of them which are infected indeed, but plenty are non-malicious. People are smart as well. AFAIK they scan them with their AVs before running the program. Unless the AV had no signature and too weak heuristic. :blink:

Anyway, nice to know about how to differentiate legit vs pirated software, though I a little disagree about the typo manual. :D Thank you...

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Who didn't know this? Any executable could contain malware, but the suspicious sources where pirated programs/games come from means a simple AV scan won't catch anywhere close to everything, plus they specifically have definitions for such software regardless of infection.

Anything less than virtualization isn't smart at all. Anyways, the link itself looks sketchy, so I'll skip reading government propaganda that probably adds nothing new.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Since we aren't the center of the universe, it is always good to remind those who are starting out with computers of possibly inherent dangers that may lurk in the huge cyber world.
    I do my best not to post sketchy links. If one should appear, please let me know.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well i've seen and purchased software online for outrageous prices (VERY VERY CHEAP) and they all have been great. I always make sure to look for reviews/opinions on these websites and make sure its legit. :D

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Off topic post removed.

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

So FBI still operates on a presumption, that we live in a stone age? If you want a good price for a software or a game, you buy only keys and you will use the original installer.

9. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

This is brand new information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.