pics

Discussion in 'Test Forum' started by FanJ, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

test pics

W_2014_05_10_1.gif

Above was done using the "Full Image" option.

See:

W_2014_05_10_2.gif

and:

W_2014_05_10_3.gif

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

And now using the "Thumbnail" option:

W_2014_05_10_4.gif

See (and below pic is again using the "Full Image" option):

W_2014_05_10_5.gif

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Some questions for LowWaterMark.

Hi Mike,

When (and how) shows an uploaded pic like the following one (just an example):
    (in thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/powertool-anti-rootkit-updates.363656/ )

W_2014_05_10_7.gif

Another question:
    Is there a maximum size for uploading pics? I know there is a maximum for the amount of kb's. But is there a maximum for the size left-to-right so you don't blow up the margins? And what happens if you do? I am just curious.

Thanks!

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm not sure I understand the first question. The post you referenced was just one where an attachment was added, but, did not include the tags used to place it within the post. So, it appeared at the end of the post instead. And, since the attachment had fairly large dimensions, it was shown as a small thumbnail. That's fairly normal.

As for size (image dimensions) I don't think there is any specific limit to that. It is possible to upload images that are too big for the page width.

6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

OK, thank you.

I was just curious under which condition(s) an attached image is showing like in my screenshot in reply # 4. It must be related to the new board software, because I haven't seen it like that at the old board. Maybe it is just me.
    From your post I understand that it can be triggered to show up in that way because of any combination of:
    (1) no tags were used to place it within the post, so it was placed at the end of the post;
    (2) the size (dimensions) were too large, so the board software automatically makes it a thumbnail.

No big deal at all of course, I was just trying to understand it. (and maybe it could help others too).

7. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.