phew, that was close

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Erik Ayala, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

After about three weeks of no updates I was beginning to worry about my favorite security software (SWB)!! I'm just wondering why......? If it's a money issue I'll donate again. I want to make sure he has all the bandwidth/servers he needs. Also, I didn't know that Javacool was just one guy!! The sites says "...WE value our security..." Kinda puts a block in your work schedule doesn't it. ;) Anyways, on a totally unrelated subject, can I block non-ActiveX programs in the custom blocking? Is it that SWB cannot do that? Or Javacool's research only covers ActiveX?

2. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

I guess I must be talking to myself here. Oh well no problem. I don't mind. It's cool really. I'll just continue to wait.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

No you are not alone there are just some of the mods and experts gone for a while during the weekend. we are just human to. :D ;)

4. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

LOL! Good one. No but seriously, is Spyware Blaster in danger of being erased from existence? Like I said I'd gladly donate again. I love Spyware blaster, it has given me peace of mind about my system's security and I'd hate to see it go. And also, my ActiveX question......

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Not at all. :) I have tons of upgrades and enhancements planned for SpywareBlaster, as well as a new version (3.2) due out soon that should fix most of the remaining problems people are having, and add Firefox 0.9 support.

That said, every donation is greatly appreciated. :cool:

And in regard to your ActiveX question:
    Unfortunately no - the custom blocking section only applies to ActiveX controls. The issue is the method SpywareBlaster uses to block such controls - it only applies to ActiveX.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.