PhantOm's Driver & eMule incompatibility ?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by tepee, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepee

tepee Guest

I don't know if there is a relation between the fact that :
    - just after the installation of LnS, I've installed the Driver "June 21 / 2003"
    - I have always a LowID with eMule however I've imported the necessary rules (in fact the necessary ports are indicated still closed), and Kazaa Lite doesn't want to launch at all :'(.

I use Phant0m``s Rule-set $v5.0 (well configured and activated as shown on its site), and installed eMule and KazaaLite after LnS.

Maybe a solution could be to get back with the original driver of LnS 2.04p2 to test if it is this problem, but I don't want to reinstall LnS (less is best), and I can't find this driver on LnS site...

o_O Some help o_O

2. tepee

tepee Guest

I can add that sometimes it seems to me that LnS is a bit "nervous" and even if a log is authorized, it blocks it (kazaaLite).

Ex :
    when "ActivatedSoon Flag" activated, spoolsv.exe didn't work at winXP StartUp, even authorized, so no printer.
    (to solve this problem, i used ActivatedSoonDisable)

So... :eek: :-*

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey tepee

ActivatedSoon Flag Enable will catch the earlier worms; you possibly had a System file blocked from Connecting or Launching that wasn’t suppose to be…

4. Phant0m

When you say “Kazaa Lite doesn't want to launch at all” are you in reference to the Application Launching or its Connections?

5. tepee

tepee Registered Member

Thank you for your attention :)

About Kazaa (Lite v242 and v243), I am talking about Application Launching that doesn't work. It seems to launch, and just after, it closes...

ps : before I had Internet, I had modified some Services Launch that were unneeded without Internet, following instructions in PC Magazins (I always put "Manual" instead of "Automatic" for the indicated Services). Normally, it shouldn't make problems, but in fact I'm not sure now...

6. Phant0m

Hey tepee

I don’t believe this anomaly is related to Look ‘n’ Stop or it’s most recent “Official” driver you downloaded off the site. And I too use Kazaa Lite, and I’m always updating shortly after they release newer versions and I’ve not experienced anything of the sort!

Have you installed any Popup Stoppers on that Machine?

7. tepee

tepee Registered Member

I have "Ad-watch" for the pop-up (and "Anti-Trojan Watch").

8. Phant0m

Hey tepee

If KaZaa Lite was being closed by “Ad-Watch” it would give indications not to mention information about it in the Event Log.

I think it’s fair to say this is specific to your System, and has absolutely nothing to-do with Look ‘n’ Stop. Correct me if I’m wrong, try Uninstalling Look ‘n’ Stop and re-boot the Machine to see if that corrects your problem.

I’m Running Windows XP, using KaZaa Lite v2.4.3 with Look ‘n’ Stop Personal Firewall (PRO) v2.04p2 with recent Application Filtering Driver that the download is available on my website, which is an “Official” download link.

If it isn’t some-type of Popup stopper causing this perhaps you have a Trojan Infection? I apologize for mentioning this, I don’t want to scare you but I’m aware of many Trojans that causes similar problems. For the heck of it could you Update your AT(Anti-Trojan) System and scan ALL Local HDD?

9. tepee

tepee Registered Member

Thank you for your advices, I will try to do what you have said, and maybe if it still doesn't work, reinstall WinXP (I think I have made too much Register Modifications). It could be a good action.

Again, thank you for your activism :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.