'pgaccount.exe is not running'

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by beebman, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beebman

beebman Registered Member

Hi there guys, this is my first post and hopefully my last with regards to the topic. I recieve this message 'pgaccount.exe is not running' whenever I start Process Guard up. Its also displayed on the main page under the 'Process Guard status' header. I'm only using the free version. Did I do something wrong?, has anyone else seen this message?

Thanks for any help.

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I think it means that you`re not running PG in the adminstrator account. PG keeps working but this is the error you get. You could try running it from the admin account to be sure though.

3. beebman

beebman Registered Member

Hey Beetlejuice, thanks for your quick reply. Your right, i'm not running it from the admin account. Do you think this error is likely to cause any major issues i.e stop PG from working if it doesnt get sorted?
    Nice1

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Hi there.

No from what I`ve read by Wayne(the maker of PG) it will keep running and protecting in the background.

5. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I just got this message now after a game I was playing froze. What should I do, uninstall re-install PG?

Dave

6. endymion989

endymion989 Registered Member

i am running on my admin account (only account on my pc) and process guard is stuck. On system status is just says "unknown" and process guard status says "initializing". so what do i need to do to get it working.

ver:3.050

any help is much appreciated.

7. dog

dog Guest

Try uninstalling it then re-installing it. BTW you're using an old version, the latest is 3.150

As for anyone having an issue with running process guard under a limited account ... first set both pgaccount and procguard to run from a different user/account/credentials (ie admin privileges) [properties -> advance] ... and have shortcuts to both on your desktop for easy access. First start pgaccount then procguard (select the account, and enter the password) ... PG will now fully function (it does operate without doing these steps, but the user doesn't have fully control over PG - but it is still protecting your system in this state - by following these steps you will have the same control as if you were actually running under an admin account.

HTH;

Steve

8. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Are you talking about using the "Run As" feature here? If so, just using this to run ProcGuard (as Administrator) will work though you get the "pgaccount not running" popup message.

9. tlu

tlu Guest

As a more convenient alternative for runas I suggest using "runasspc" from http://www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html . This makes entering the admin password unnecessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.