PG won't maximize.

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by tempnexus, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Ok I have uninstalled and resintalled it allready twice.
    I have the full version (upgrade from TDS-3 :( ). Now I can see my PG icon in the taskbar but I can't seem to maximize it. If I double click on it I can see the program show up in the bottom taskpar as a running instance but I can't click on the program in order to see it. Even after right clicking and choose maximize nothing happens. This also means that the program is running in FREE MODE since I can't get the bastard to maximize in order to type in my Registration Code. :)

Now what gives and how to fix it?

2. tempnexus

No one knows why and how to fix it?

3. \o/

\o/ Guest

That sounds really weird ? take a screenshot so everyone can see. Maybe its outdated files or something :D

4. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Have a look in the key
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Diamond computer systems\Processguard v3.0
    at the value pg_mainwnd_max and if it is 1, then try

• exiting the PG GUI
    • setting pg_mainwnd_max to zero
    • start the PG GUI again
    seeing if that makes any difference

The remembered pg_mainwnd_x and pg_mainwnd_y values are also there, as are the width pg_mainwnd_w and height pg_mainwnd_h

I would check to see that _x and _y are within the boundaries of your screen and also sanity check _w and _h so that the window won't be bigger that the size of desktop (assuming that is not what you actually want)

It is a simple form of "Denial of Service", by making use of the fact that PG doesn't sanity check its GUI location for "visibility". I ran across this on a dual screen machine when I went back to single screen and the PG window had previously been open on the 2nd screen...

Unlike your issue, the only taskbar action that worked for me was maximise, because that maximised the window onto Screen #1. That was the case until I repositioned the PG window back to somewhere that it was visible again.
    To do this I exited the PG GUI, then edited the pg_mainwnd_x and changed it from 1650 back to low numbers , then restarted the GUI

5. tempnexus

Hey that dual screen might be the answer. Since I recall running my system via dual screen and then decided not too.
    I do't know if I ever dragged PG onto the 2nd screen but that might be a possibility.

Anyhow I will test that out once I get home.

Thanks for the tip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.