PG went into learning mode

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Chris12923, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I installed Registry Mechanic 4 and allowed a couple items I thought were related to Registry Mechanic install to run and on next boot PG went into learning mode.

This is the only thing that stood out.

Mon 03 - 08:31:52 [EXECUTION] "c:\windows\is-0gice.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\windows\explorer.exe" [600]
    [EXECUTION] Commandline - [ "c:\windows\is-0gice.exe" /reg ]

I do not know what is-Ogice is but RegRun caught it trying to attach to runonce at startup I allowed because again I thought it was related to Registry Mechanic install. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Chris, Maybe an email to Registry Mechanic 4 developers will shed some light as googling for that is-0gice.exe gets no hits but it could have been a tempory file used by the Reg Mech's installer.

Pilli

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Chris12923,

I tested the Registry Mechanic 4 (trial version) installation and did not see that behavior. Nothing executed from the C:\windows directory and no RunOnce key was created before or after enabling the various "scan at startup" options. Rebooted a couple of times but PG did not go into Learning Mode. I saved copies (in case you want to see them) of the PG and RegRun logs, and the unins000.dat from the Registry Mechanic directory before I re-imaged the system.

Nick

4. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Thanks. I couldn't repro after restoring so I am not sure what is was. I did send it off to a friend for examination though. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Chris

5. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

hi Chris,
    can you post a value of your registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.0\Reboots

Ty

Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.