PG vs SSM

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kdm31091, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Which do you think is better - ProcessGuard Free or SSM Free? I know SSM has more features, but is ProcessGuard just as capable? Which one is better protection? I know SSM has more prompts but are they worth it?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

comparing free versions, SSM offers everything in PG free plus more. thats a given.

is the additional protection worth it? that is up to the user. PG free might be better for a person new to HIPS whereas SSM is better suited toward advanced users wanting more control.

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Comparing free versions is almost a no contest SSM easily offers better protection

but ... . the paid version of PG offers alot of protection in a very simple to use format - e.g key logger - the way it blocks global hooks is simple but just works ssm requires more judgement with the dialogues but alsway works

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have never used the free versions of either app. In both cases, I trialed the non-free. Therefore, I'm a bit OT but here are my views any way...

Based on kareldjag's tests, PG & SSM both give superb protection.

With protection being roughly equal, my *selection criteria* boiled down to support, prices, GUI preferences, compatibility with other programs, and similar factors. I concluded that SSM is a bit more stringently maintained than PG, has more staffing to do the job, & has fewer compatibility issues. Therefore, I chose SSM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.