PG v2.000 FREE version vs Abtrusion Protector

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by gkweb, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

on my family computer is actually installed Abtrusion Protector just to be sure that no malware can execute.
    However, the computer isn't so powerfull and AP slown down it.

I would like to know if the free PG v2.000 version available for download on the official website has the full MD5 protection like the full version i have ?
    I know the free version can only protect one process (program protection) but i am talking about the "program checksum" feature.

Can I allow an unlimited amount of executable and then lock the configuration so that no new executable can start ?

I would like to know before uninstalling AP.

thanks you.

regards,

gkweb.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi GK , The free version does everything except allow more than one process to be added apart from DCSuserprot which is there by default.
    I can confirm that the MD5 list and lock/unlock work in PGfree.

Have fun - Pilli :D

3. gkweb

thanks you Pilli :)

4. gkweb

another question : is Process Guard FREE is time limited ?
    I already know it is "process" limited because i was just able to add explorer.exe to the list of protected programs, i should buy another full version as on my computer, but can't for now, so a free time unlimited would be fine to wait :)

5. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

It is free for a reason, you can use it as long as you choose with the features it has.

The free version has one or two limited features, but whatever is there can be used forever. :)

The free version doesn't have colorschemes and can only protect one process (Process Protection). Apart from that and a few cosmetic changes there is no difference.

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.