PG slowing down my system

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by trebla, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebla

trebla Registered Member

I installed and used ProcessGuard and after a hour or so everything just slows down and locks up .I uinstalled ProcessGuard and everything went back to normal.As I am a glutton for punishment I reinstalled the program to try again and the same thing happened.I am using XP Pro and 2.4 Intel Pentium 4 processor and 512 meg ram.Maybe it's not to be on my machine ,pity.This was the trial version.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Trebla, ProcessGuard uses very low resources but could be causing one of your other programs to use more CPU.
    If you can, would you please install it again and then open Task Manager and let us know what application is using the most CPU time. Even better poat a screenshot of Task Manager "Processes".

Thanks. Pilli

3. trebla

trebla Registered Member

I have done a before and after Task Manager window for you.

Attached Files:

4. trebla

trebla Registered Member

Here's the after Process file.

Attached Files:

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Looks to me as if you are running a TDS3 scan, this is very CPU intensive and should be done whilst you have a break.
    Close down TDS3 and see if that improves things, also your screenshot program was using 38% at the time you snapped :)

Pilli

6. trebla

trebla Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.It's still slowing down after awhile. I was running a scan with TDS.My screenshot program only runs when I snap a shot I don't have it running when not in use.I'll keep on persevering with it though.Does this mean I shouldn't use TDS and PG at the same time or only when scanning with TDS.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Trebla

Sounds like something is running when you think the system is idle. Reboot and after your system comes up just take note of what programs are using what resource. Then once you feel the slow down, go back to an idle state (you not doing anything) and then take another look (using taskmgr) and see if you can see something running high cpu usage. Let us know what that may be.

Pete

8. trebla

trebla Registered Member

I installed PG 3.5 and for some reason things seem to be going better.I haven't changed anything on my system apart from the installation of the PG upgrade and it seems to working a lot better.Might be that I wasn't
    running a TDS scan at the same time .
    Thanks to everyone.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.