PG question:

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Kegel, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

I have the registered version of PG and I have a question. My protection list is very large. It seems like I have to add just about every game and many other apps I have to allow access to physical memory, hooks etc. The games and programs dont function without this. Basically, my question is with a list so large and so many programs able to bypass PG's security, isnt it a bit pointless to have it running at all? My concern is that I have defeated PG's protection to a large degree.

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Kegel,

Assuming that your system is clean and that the apps you have given permissions are trustworthy, then PG's protection has not been diminished. You initially have to customize PG to your system and the processes that you normally execute. Once PG is configured, then PG will do its job by catching new and unexpected process execution and behavior.

Nick

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

No, because remember you're not only saying what those programs CAN do, you're also saying what other programs CANT do to them. :) To use a security program such as a firewall as an example, you would typically give the firewall full ALLOW privileges, but also give it protection. So, your firewall is then able to operate in an unrestricted manner (almost as if PG wasn't on the system), yet no other programs/processes can attack it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.