pg question

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by bonbe, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonbe

bonbe Guest

As a fresh student learning computer programming, I am trying pg2 free version, I got convenience when I want to do my exercises with doing programming - everytime to run a newly compiled one and gave it a run, I have to answer to pg to let it go; but if I disabled pg's exe protection when doing such things, I feel not safe for my computer since others can run by that, besides while doing it, I can surf the internet (always-on connection). Is there a way out and safe for this situation?
    TIA.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi bonbe & welcome, You can switch of the checksumming part of Process Guard by swithing it off during your testing.
    Protection menu - Progrm Checksum protection and untick.
    You will still have protection on all of your Protected list items, remember to re-enable when your testing is finished.

HTH Pilli

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi bonbe,

I am programming too, and I simply "allow once" each new build starting of my programs ;)

regards,

gkweb.

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

It can be a little bit of a hassle for programmers since you have EXE's which change so often. Whilst developing the GUI part of Process Guard, every build required me to click on "Allow" , which I found a little bothersome but it doesn't take very long to do I must admit.

There is no real way you can work-around this issue without compromising security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.