PG purchasing advice

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Stro, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

I've never used a DiamondCS product (with exception of RegProt), but I've read enough about Process Guard to know I want it on my two home PCs (WinXP-Pro & -Home, both retail box versions).

Can you give me advice on the best way to go about this....should I download the free one-process protection version on both PCs to make sure there are no conflicts on either PC before purchasing the full version? Or is the latest v3.150 stable enough to dispense with this test?

Also, assuming you have identified all your application software to PG while it's in the learning mode, will PG do its work silently in the background? My two boys and wife will not know what to do with PG pop-up notification screens.

Finally, once you purchase something from DiamondCS, does the company offer you discounts on purchases of their other products?

I appreciate your advice.

Regards,
    Stro

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Stro,

The latest trial has more features enabled than in the past: Free vs Full version comparison. I always recommend taking any security app for a test drive on your systems before purchasing.

Do your family members have limited user accounts? If they do, I believe they see alerts only, and are not able to interact with the PG GUI (because it will not be available). They cannot change settings.

As far as discounts go, this the current scheme:

"Your discount will increase by 2.5% for each product you purchase from DiamondCS (up to a maximum of 20%). Only products which are in the Members Area are eligible for counting towards your discount. Since WormGuard is not part of our Members Area it will not count for your discount."

Hope that helps.

Nick

3. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

4. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

This is sort of true but not quite. The limited user accounts will get alerts-only, but the alerts are interactive. In other words, if I try to run a new app from a limited user account, I get an alert and am asked to Deny or Allow the execution. I can see how this could be risky with your wife/kids since they will most likely just click Allow to get rid of the alert and do whatever thing it was they were trying to do.

Fortunately, in the full version, I think (I don't know because I'm still using the free version) you can Block all new and changed apps. So once you run PG through it's paces in Learning Mode and get all your apps Allowed that you want, then turn on the option to Block All and your wife/kids won't be able to do anything that you don't directly approve yourself from an admin account.

Of course, if you are all using the same admin account...well..... You're asking for trouble ;-) I would recommend setting up limited accounts for everyone. Only use the Admin account for...Admin...lol.

Good luck

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi jimmytop,

I have no limited user accounts to test with, so I stand corrected. Since the free version does not protect against driver/service install or DLL injection, Stro may be better off starting with the full version if the other users are likely to "Allow" everything to execute.

Nick

6. Stro

Stro Registered Member

I downloaded the free 3.150 version of Process Guard on my two family PCs yesterday. I expect I'll buy the $40 unlimited home full version license after a brief trial of the free version to ensure PG works fine on both PCs.

Can someone tell me the logistics of getting the full version? Do I need to completely delete the free version from my two PCs (no problem; I have Ashampoo Uninstaller Platinum Suite), then download the full version (after paying, of course).

Or did I download all the programming code of the full version when I downloaded the free version, and I only need to enter a registration key into the free version to transform it into a completely functional full version of PG?

The Help section of the free PG didn't address this question.

Regards,
    Stro

7. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

You just enter the registration key to activate the features of the Full version. No reinstall is needed.

8. earth1

earth1 Registered Member

Be sure you purchase ProcessGuard's unlimitied home use license rather than two separate single machine licenses. The offer is so generous I'd hate to see anyone having to grumble later.

9. RossA

RossA Registered Member

Does anyone know how long you have to wait get a registration key? I have had confirmation from Reg-Now that my order has been processed and told that I will will receive the key in another email.

No such email has arrived yet though - 24 hrs after the purchase?

10. dgho

dgho Registered Member

Well, I did received it after waiting for 3 days.

11. That's inexcusable.

-----------------------------------

12. Mr.Unhackable

Mr.Unhackable Registered Member

I purchased the unlimited processguard license. Overall, I am quite happy with it, but I notice that sometimes it goes "batty" on me. That is, it comes up with repeated warnings(global mouse hook blocked) for every program I execute. Then, it locks me out of my registry, so that when I try to install new programs, it gives me "cannot write data to registry" errors or memory protection faults even when I grant full permission to the program to execute. I find that I have to log onto safe mode as administrator to fully install new programs. Fully uninstalling and then re-installing ProcessGuard fixes the problem until ProcessGuard goes "batty" on me again. I am sure that this problem is likely related to a software conflict or software incompatibility. Lol, when this happened the first time, I just assumed I had a Trojan/worm/spyware infection, but all scans using many programs turned up clean. I was ready to format and by chance discovered that when I fully shut down ProcessGuard from TaskManager I was able to fully install new programs without any registry error warnings or memory protection fault errors.

13. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

ProcessGuard orders made through RegSoft are processed automatically, meaning you should receive your license just a few minutes after completing payment. Payments made through other systems such as Paypal must be manually processed

Best regards,
    DiamondCS Support

14. dgho

dgho Registered Member

Sorry, but it is not always the case...

It really depends where you live. If you live in US or Aussie maybe you will get instant authorization. But, for some of us, who live in so called 3rd countries, the credit card authorization through DigitalRiver (If I not mistaken, RegSoft is Digital River) will take a couple of days. I tried to purchase PG for about 3 weeks. First, after waiting for 3 days, RegSoft informed me that my CC was denied the transaction. So I called my CC representative and they said that they suspect fraud transaction from RegSoft (Since the authorization from Regsoft come to their system at 4 AM Morning). They issued new CC for my protection (Duh...). After waiting a week and received my new CC, I tried again to purchase PG. Now, I have to wait the same 3 days before finally I recieved the 'go-through' email from RegSoft and DiamondCS.

The same 3 days waiting time happen when I tried to purchase BoClean before (They use Digital River). And it did not go through. Have not thinking to buy BoClean again.

For your information, I did purchase NOD32 and received the key in just a couple of minutes. I am not sure what they used, but in my CC it showed NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.