PG & Prevx or TPF against trojans?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by highsecurity, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highsecurity

highsecurity Guest

Which would you say provides better protection against trojans and other threats, the combination of Process Guard (full), Prevx (home), and ZoneAlarm (free) or Tiny Personal Firewall?

If you say Tiny, what else could be added to match Tiny....maybe SSM? Or another better free firewall? Maybe upgrade to Prevx pro? Something else?

I don't really want to go with Tiny, unless it blows everything else away, because it's too difficult to learn. Thanx very much.

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

How would you rate yourself in terms of security, network and PC knowledge ?
    Without a baseline for someone to give an answer against the question is a little too open for you to get "good" answers

There isn't a one size fits all solution and nothing really "blows everything else away" (with the exception of fdisk and format of course ;-)

What were your reasons for saying that you find Tiny "difficult to learn", do you feel that it is hard to configure properly ?
    Is it because you are still learning (like the rest of us) and are not sure what settings to apply where or is it the user interface that is lacking ?

Do you have a personal preference for monolithic applications or to have several smaller applications (that may have some overlaps) ?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

If you find Tiny hard to learn, then PG & Prevx would probably be the way to go. The combination of PG & Prevx provide outstanding protection, I seriously doubt that Tiny would offer a whole lot more. The advantage, too, is that PG will probably protect itself, and other apps, better, ensuring that they will continue to work if your system is compromised.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that none of them can be effective if you don't know how to use them. Go with what you're more comfortable with, I doubt any of the apps you listed would let you down if used properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.