PG not starting up at reboot after deleting Regprot

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Stro, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

My registered, current version of Process Guard no longer starts when I boot-up the PC. This problem just started this morning after my actions of last night explained below.

Last night I used Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite Platinum to deleted DCS's Registry Protection (regprot) which was installed long before Process Guard. I initially recorded the installation of regprot with Ashampoo, then last night used the Uninstaller's "Automatic" deletion setting to delete the regprot installation. (The recommended, semi-automatic deletion method is confusing and, of course, Ashampoo provides no guidance on how to use it.)

This morning, I first noticed PG did not auto start upon PC boot-up. And when I manually started up PG, it told me that pgaccount.exe was not running. Searching this forum, I discovered a related thread and followed advice from Pilli and added an entry to my registry to auto start pgaccount.exe. The registry entry should have been there, but was missing from my PC.

After adding this registry value, pgaccount.exe now runs. But PG itself still will not auto start at boot-up. I again searched the forum and found nothing, hence this new thread.

I suspect Regprot and PG use some overlapping registry entries, and Ashampoo Uninstaller deleted these when I used it to delete Regprot.

Can anyone tell me the registry entries I need to look for, and add if missing, to make PG start-up again when I turn on the PC?

BTW, the only other thing I did last night was to download AZZ Cardfile software to trial it. I did this with PG disabled.

Much thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
    Stro

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Hi

You need 2 registry values to startup PG.

These are (for my computer setup):

"C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\pgaccount.exe"
    "C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\procguard.exe" -minimize

3. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Thanks for the (only) reply, SpikeyB. The folds at DiamondCS Tech Support emailed me the same information as you provided, and included registry key locations.

4. Neggy

Neggy Guest

I think I have the same problem.

PG doesn't startup when I turn my machine on anymore.

I have to start it manually.

Anyone know what I need to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.