PG newbie Qs - PG & ZA issues

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Marcusdmac, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcusdmac

Marcusdmac Registered Member

Hi Guys
    Probably a daft question but Ive run into problems on my first run of a licensed PG.

Just got ADSL and upgraded my Zone Alarm firewall and bought Process Guard after all the great reviews.

On installation and unlocking, PG started in learning mode. But then I lost my internet access completely, I rebooted my new router but nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Am guessing its probably ZA casuing an issue but I didnt get the opportunity to read up on the problem without the internet access so had to uninstall for the moment and without PG its working again..

Hmmm?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
    marcusdmac :oops:

[AsusP4PE, Intel 2.5GHz, Win2KSP4, 1Gb, TDS3, WormGuard, PE, NAV2005]

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Try disabling " Driver / service install and see if you get your connection back as I believe this is to do with ZA's driver/service protection.

If that works add "allow driver/service install to the appropriate VSMON services etc.

HTH Pilli

3. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

The problem is not PG, it's ZA. To initially configure your adsl/router/firewall (I have one too), you have to disable your software firewall. Once the router is properly connected you can re-enable your software firewall.

4. Marcusdmac

Thanks for your help Pilli - nice website by the way!

M

5. Marcusdmac

Thanks Vikorr - I was beginning to think that also - uninstalled PG and ZA and did what you said - works like a charm now (fingers crossed!).. Thanks again!!
    M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.