PG installs PasswordFinder 2.1 (Is this true?)

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ems, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ems

ems Registered Member

Hi,

PestPatrol is reporting PG has installed a pasword cracker called Pasword Finder 2.1:( . It says the pasword cracker is hidden within uninstall000.exe. Is that true? otherwise, why Pestpatrol is mistaken uninstall000.exe with Pasword Finder 2.1 ?

Many thanks.

Ems

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

ems, Pest patrol is probably reporting a false positive, please inform them so that they can correct it. I am assumimg uou downloaded PG from the DCS members area :)

Pilli

3. ems

ems Registered Member

Hi,

Of course I did. I was taken to it from a link in the Zone Labs Users Forum, posted by an usual (and supposedly trustworthy) contributor.

Anyway, it is not the first time PestPatrol reports false positives. Although I am to verify that link takes actually to the DCS site. By the way, my PG is a paid version, I hardly ever use free software.

I have verified that the link took me to the DCS site, but now I do not remember what I actually did. I guess that as I firstly used the free version to check, then I made the download from the button pointing to the free version. Then, in a few minutes, I went back to purchase the full version but I did not download any aditional software, since the one I had was "updated with the registration information that I got from https://www.regsoft.net/regsoft/template/orderform ... from Digital River

Ems.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.