PG Hangs my computer after rebooting 2nd time

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dineyar, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dineyar

Dineyar Registered Member

I have PG 3.4b1 and XPPro sp2, along wtih ZA 6.5, VNC 4.1.6 and Utimaco HD encryption. After installing PG, it will request for a reboot. After rebooting (the first time), run all my programs in learning mode and have Global Protection Options enabled. If I do printing it will work sometimes or get a BSOD and a message about bad_pool_header.

If again reboot (2nd time) or restart my PC, my computer hangs. I am able to log in, shows me the background default wallpaper with a few of my desktop icons, but the PC hangs. Waited for 15 mins, same effect. No program loads or runs.

I have disabled ZA, VNC, and all other programs, same effect - PC hangs after 2nd reboot. Even If I keep the Global Options disabled, same problem. This problem started with 3.3b4. Then I stopped using 3.3b4 thinking its beta and will be fixed in the next release. Next release also has the same problem.

Any help please?

2. Clso

Clso Registered Member

I just have the same problems~and waiting for the answer

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I have similar experience of having just the wallpaper when I log on after rebooting and after installing a new software, but this software is not PG.

I am not sure if this helps, but when you just see the wallpaper with only some icons and nothing is loading, try pressing Artl-Alt-Delete, and see if it brings you up a menu. If it does, choose logoff. After logging off and logging on again, I was able to get the icons back and all programs will be running.

If I could remember correctly, this software is NERO. After installing NERO and reboot, I just get the wallpaper and nothing else and nothing is loading, but I have no idea what is happening. After pressing Artl-Alt-Delete, logoff and logon again, everything is back to normal.

If you press press Artl-Alt-Delete and nothing happens and still get hanged, it maybe some other issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.