PG full version problem

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by securityfreak, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. securityfreak

securityfreak Registered Member

Hello, I installed PG Free in XP Home yesterday afternoon and everything seemed to be working fine. I then decided to purchase a licesnse that night. The next morning I installed PG full. First, I restarted the computer into safe mode and ran the PG Free uninstaller.

I checked the system32 directory for any leftover traces and only found pguard.dat so I deleted it and restarted. I then ran PG setup and it told me it needs to restart, but before I did that I extracted the pgkey.zip file to the PG program file directory and clicked ok to restart. PG seemed to be working fine in learning mode and after a couple of minutes I restarted once again.

This time PG started and all the protection was disabled, so I enabled everything but nothing seems to be working. The log is not recording any program activity. The only thing the log recorded was [1 of 2] Failure: Driver is not correctly installed or active. [2 of 2] Failure: Process Guard's Protection is currently disabled. Enable it in the Protection menu.

The rest of the log just lists the enabled protections I set and all other functions seem dead.. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Update: After restarting again everything is now working.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders, securityfreak. :)

Glad to see everything is working OK.

Just an observation. I found it best to leave PG in learning mode for a couple of days. If you have a large number of apps on your PC like I do, it takes me a while to use them all. And leaving it in learning mode longer will give your PC longer to learn all of your trusted applications. IMO.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, securityfreak

About pghash.dat and pguard.dat backup.

Also you might have a read here just in case:- Feature not working

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Absolutely correct D&C, :) I would add that this also allows for some of the more obscure Windows system processes and services to be picked up by Process Guard adding to overall stability.

Pilli

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Good point, TheQuest. I've created a batch file that I use to backup these files regularly. Regarding CMH, I've also found this feature to be problematic. Looking forward to the next release! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.