PG Error in initialization: Driver isn't installed

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Elliot, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliot

Elliot Registered Member

Hello,

I've been trying PG on my Windows 2000 Professional for a few days, and it seemed work well. Today, occasionally (for it's icons doesn't look a bit abnormal), I opened PG by clicking its icon in the system tray, and was surprised to find this error.

I wonder the possible cause of this problem, and what's more important, why the system tray icon doesn't reflect the actual running condition of PG, for this would mislead the user and leave the whole system vulnerable.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Had this happen to me twice as well. Didn't ask for advice at the time as a reboot fixed it and it's been working since.

3. Elliot

Elliot Registered Member

Twice? Oh.. Haven't you been thinking about how to avoid the third time? :rolleyes:

4. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

had forgotten about, which was why I forgot to ask anyone about it. And of course I would like to avoid it in the future

5. Elliot

Elliot Registered Member

Yeah, any program makes mistakes, but at least the systray icon should present some notification information.

6. Elliot

Elliot Registered Member

Haven't seen this error during these days. Things seemed to become better? :)

But I've found another problem. Sometimes when PG caught a new program starts, the whole system would become "freeze" for about 10 seconds, during which all open process become "no response" except the Ctrl+Alt+Del. The system would return to function by itself after a few seconds. The OS is Windows 2000 Pro, with KAV Personal 5 and LnS.

Don't know why. Actually that's not a big problem, just annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.