PG and Java Scripts

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dakhor, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Recently some Java script probelems started happening to me on certain webpages. After alot of trial and error I found out that somehow PG blocked these Java Scripts. It didnt even help if I disabled PG ( acctually didnt think about closing it down by exiting it ).

I reinstalled PG with the same settings as before ( saved the two files from system32 ) and the problem is now GONE.

Weird

/DaK/

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Dakhor, It may have been that your previous install did not have the correct allows and that the new install has corrected the error. Sometimes this can occur when your browser or related service needs to create a global hook fo instance.

HTH Pilli

3. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

But thats the weird part --

1 - Why does disabling PG not correct this

2 - I have exactly the same settings now as I did not do a learning reboot or anything. I saved the 2 files from c:\windows\system 32 prior to reinstallation and then copied them back after reinstallation and edited the reg keys before rebooting the system.

And yes I have a pretty strict security for most programs - ie no allow modify for programs that i feel should not need it.

/DaK/

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Disabling ProcessGuard may not take effect on some settings / services until after a reboot.

As to why the script was blocked I have no idea - Are there any alerts for this in the PG logfile? If not I suspect it was for other reasons and not necessarily PG. :)

5. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

At first I suspected PG - so I disabled it - rebooted and still it didnt work. Then I closed all other security applications. No help so I reinstalled firefox, Java runtime and the Java scripting thingy to IE ( as it didnt work on IE either ).

Nothing...

Then i booted to safemode and tried it there and it worked.

So I began by uninstalling my firewall - wich didnt help - then uninstalled PG ( first i made a backup of the two PG files in system32 folder ). Now it started working again. SO AHA its PG I thought.

Reinstalled my firewall - rebooted - reinstalled PG - copied the two files into system32 - edited the PG reg keys that controll the bootlearning thing. Now I rebooted - and lo and behold the problem is gone.

And thats what I find weird - only posted it here cuz it might be some kind of bug - that disabling PG didnt work even after a reboot. I did not think to exit the whole prog though.

And no offence but reading the PG log file and understanding it is like trying to get drunk on Terpentine...

/DaK/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.