PG and FolderGuard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by rdsu, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

I don't know why, but about 2 months ago that I can't use the FolderGuard and it's seems that it's because of ProcessGuard...

I want to know if someone use this 2 programs together?

If they are incompatible, can you suggest some good program like FolderGuard?

Thanks

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi VaMPiRiC_CRoW :).

When you say that you can't use FolderGuard, what exactly is happening? I will download the trial in a moment and see if it needs any special allowances in ProcessGuard, but it would help to know what the specific problem/s are that you are encountering. And if we can sort it out, then I will add the necessary allowances to the ProcessGuard Application Database.

Regards,
    Jade.

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi Bowserman,

I can install the FolderGuard, but when I reboot the windows, I don't have Internet and the ProcessGuard doesn't load correctly. The main window of ProcessGuard only shows the Main tab but I can't set nothing... Finally I can't make a normal windows reboot or shutdown.

Click on reset or power down, enter on safe mode and uninstall the FolderGuard...

Regards

4. Bowserman

Been testing this here and so far so good. Did you put ProcessGuard in Learning Mode while installing and keep it in Learning Mode?

In my testing so far, FGuard.exe needs to be allowed to install a driver/service (driver in fact) and to create a hook ( global Call Wndproc Return hook).
    Also, when FolderGuard is configured to run at startup, rundll32.exe now tries to create a global Call Wndproc Return hook and global GetMessage hook upon startup (also tries this after performing various tasks in FolderGuard), but I have not allowed rundll32.exe to install hooks in ProcessGuard yet and have encoutered no problems upon startup and while running FolderGuard.

After the installation of FolderGuard, be sure to check all the options under PERMISSIONS, MODIFY USER LIST, TRUSTED PROGRAMS and SETTINGS. You may have input some conflicting settings in a previous installation of FolderGuard that are being remembered upon re-installation.

Hopefully, my testing this far gives you a few thing to try to see if you can find the problem :). Anyway, I'm off to bed and will check back tomorrow.

Regards,
    Jade.

5. Bowserman

One more thing. Have you disabled the protection for ProcessGuard and then installed FolderGuard and tried rebooting?...problem still there? If so, then it it is not ProcessGuard causing the problem after all.

Regards,
    Jade.

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I disabled the PG while installed FG, and the problem still there...

Maybe I did something in the past that cause this...

I've to make a clean windows install when I had some time...

Thanks for you help Bowserman ;)

Best Regards

7. Bowserman

No problem VaMPiRiC_CRoW, glad I could help :).

Regards,
    Jade.

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

After I make a clean windows install, I already don't have the problem with FolderGuard and ProcessGuard :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.