PG and AOL 9.0 Optimized for Broadband

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Peter2150, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Anyone using AOL 9.0 for Broadband with PG 1.2. I have been unable to turn on Block Services and get AOL to work. I get an error message in AOL saying it can't start my DSL service. Once I am online I can enable the Block services and all is well. I have all the common AOL stuff totally allowed. Kicker is I don't get any error message in PG. Any clues??

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I have AOL 9.0 Optimized but it is the latest beta version. I haven't had any problems with it in relation to PG 1.2. I am on cable modem- always connected.

Because of all the automation for diagnostics, corrective actions, and automatic updates built into AOL 9.0, I have the following executibles installed in PG with all ALLOW features selected. For Waol.exe and Tranplug.exe, I also have Allow Global Hooks. For Tranplug.exe I have Allow Driver/ Service Installation option selected too.

Waol, Shellmon, ShellStart, Rbm, Aoltray, Aolphx, Aoldiag, Aol.exe, Accdef, Aoltpspd, Acsd, Acssetup, Acsuninstall, Aolacsd, AolDial, Ospath, Wanmpsvc, Tranplug.

I had to add Allow Global Hooks and Allow Driver/Services Installation to Service.exe

HTH

btw, I have all 4 Block options selected in PG 1.2

3. Peter2150

Grrrrr. I now have all of the above turned on, and basically everything allowed, and hook and service install permitted. Only exe I don't have is AOLDIAG.exe.
    I am on DSL, and when I have Block services checked, AOL gives me the following error:

[Broadband (Cable/DSL/ISP)] Unable to create or start the DSL service on your machine. (02-03027)

But nothing shows up in PG log. My next shot might be to allow every process running. Tis a puzzlement.

Pete

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

A small bugfix version of PG will be released soon , I think I know what might be blocking this particular thing.

-Jason-

5. Peter2150

Hi Jason.

This is good news and bad news. The good news the fix, the bad news, the thought of reentering all the programs in a new version. That is becoming a crucial issue. I tried contacting AOL techsupport. First guy understood, but wanted to see the connection log. Of course I had to log off to get it. Next guy was clueless. He didn't know a "service" from a hole in the ground. :oops:

BTW. I entered all the AOL stuff, above and retried the Block hook, with AP enabled. Knock on wood, so far so good. Hmmm.

Thanks as always.

Pete

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You won't need to enter them in again if you copy pguard.dat . This new version will be compatible with 1.2 pguard.dat's

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.