PG adavantage???

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by chaos16, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Can anyone tell me wat the program Pg is and wat it does?

And if i should use it i am using these security programs zonealarm pro, Kaspersky antivirus 5.0.20 pro, adaware se, Spybot-search & destroy, spywareblaster, spywareguard, Winxp sp2 and microsoft antispyware.
    (I think this is really good security??)

Just wondering if i should put PG in my system, and if i need ito_O??

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

3. chaos16

is it compatible with the security software that i have zonealarm pro, Kaspersky antivirus 5.0.20 pro, adaware se, Spybot-search & destroy, spywareblaster, spywareguard, Winxp sp2 and microsoft antispyware. And do i really need PGo_O just wondering

4. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

Yes. I am unaware of any imcompatabilities with any of the security apps you mentioned.

Really need PG? Your decision. Were I forced to make a choice between one single security app of all those I use, PG would be the one I kept.

:D

5. chaos16

k thnx

so then its alright to use pg with all the security i put on the last post

6. BourgePD

To the best of knowledge, yes. I use all the apps you listed but use NOD32 for anti-virus.

Take care and have fun. :D

7. chaos16

Is PG free good enough or ots not worth ito_O??

And can i get a trial of the full version coz i have downloaded the free versiono_O

8. BourgePD

The 'free' version is the trial verson. The differences are listed on this page:

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=download

Full version worth it? IMO, yes. Every penny.

Take care and have fun! :D

9. S!x

S!x Registered Member

All those apps you listed don't do a thing for protecting against rootkits (next generation trojans) ... PG on a known to be "clean system" will go along way against them being able to be installed on your PC.

Go for the FULL version. (IMO) :D

10. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I have RegDefend, PG Free and Prevx Home. Does PG Full offer any additional protection over that combination? If it does, could I drop Prevx if I got the full version?

11. Paranoid2000

Interesting question. PG full can block driver, service and hook installation - now drivers and services do rely on Registry entries so RegDefend (if configured to check the appropriate keys) could cover this, but I am less sure about hooks (some of which use DLL injection). Perhaps Jason could give a definitive answer here?

12. richrf

richrf Registered Member

The primary difference between PG and other anti-trojan programs is that it is proactive. That is, it prevents trojans, rootkits, keyloggers from being installed on your computer. Most other software rely on detectioni - which means they are looking for trojans that may already be installed. Both have a place on my system. I primarily rely on Kaspersky, ProcessGuard, RegDefend (also proactive registry monitoring) nad Ewido for backup. Ewido is more of a detection-based anti-trojan.

Rich

13. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Any comments on this? Thanks.

14. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I think this is a good question. Can anyone comment? :)

15. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Absolutely . The full PG version will protect about 30 default programs and ANY others you wish yo add , such as your firewall and AV , from being terminated by a rogue component . The protection from code injection is a great addition to what you have . There is some overlap but , alot is NOT being overlapped . It would be a good investment , in my opinion , to add PG to what you have . Seems that if you ask the question that you did , then you want the protection that PG will provide OVEr what you already have . Just my take on it anyway . Hope that helps and Good luck in your quest .

16. Paranoid2000

PG Free offers this, it is not necessary to get the full version for such protection.

However one thing the full version of PG does offer is Physical Memory protection - without this, malware could alter the hooks used by PG (and other software) to disable them. RegDefend does not have this but PrevX might.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.