PG _ several minor queries:

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by SG1, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

PG often says A-squared was blocked from modifying "everything under the sun." Think someone said that a (different, but trusted) security app may need to do that in a legit fashion? What does one allow/disallow in a case like this?

Also, I'm new to news reader/feeds & PG said the reader (Sharp Reader that I got after reading about it in new PCWorld mag), was blocked from accessing physical memory. Again, what does one allow or not in PG, for a newsreader?

Thanks for any help/info, SG1 (Pat)

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I also have the same alerts by PG saying that A-Squared is blocked from modifying the process that is currently running. The alerts will be prompted after running an A-Squared update if the update involves component updates and a required a reboot. I got so many PG alerts immediately after the update. If the update is simply to update the signature, no PG alerts was prompted.

Just before installing PG 3.4 recently, I also has a similar issue with ZoneAlarm Pro (version 6.1) some time before and I have posted the question in the A-Squared forum before. They replied that A-Squared did not modify anything. But ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5 no long alerts me of A-Squared any more.

It maybe that PG alers because the behaviour of A-Squared is similar to some malware trying to modify the current process running. It is similar to the Proactive Defence mechanism in KAV, so PG just alert you to see if it is a legitimate action. It may be too technical.

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Many security programs will show this activity since their protection method involves injecting their code into every other process (user mode hooking). As long as you trust the program (if you don't trust it, don't run it!), you should allow this in PG.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes, its VERY important that you fully allow other security programs to do this. PG is sensitive enough that it can provide heavy security.

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Thanks Gavin and Paranoid2000 for the input!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.