PG-3 Just Released?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I really hate to criticise my friends at DCS, but how long are y'all going to keep the comment "NEW: VERSION 3 JUST RELEASED !" on your web site? I'm not sure what your definition of "JUST" is, but mine is definately less than 9 months (ver 3 Released in Jan '05). That is unless you are using that term relative to your typical frequency of releases. This is slightly misleading to your regular customer, IMO. Come on guys - y'all are better than this! :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry. I guess I should have posted a link to the site so you could see what I was seeing. http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=home

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Not to mention that the homepage still lists TDS-3 but not WormGuard. Looks like the DCS webmaster needs a prod in the posterior... ;)

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Not only that, but (and I'm not sure this is a website issue) I've subscribed to the DiamondCS Newsletter a couple of times on their web site, and have not received a single email since (over a year). I guess it's possible that my ISP's filtering utility had intercepted them, but I routinely check the intercepted mailbox looking for senders that I recognize.
    Has anyone else received these? o_O

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Nope, me neither. I bought PG 28th december 2004 and haven´t heard anything from them, but then again they havent updated the program since last fall (?) so there has been no news :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  5. Dazed_and_Confused

Aah. Good to know it's not only me. But it's starting to appear the DCS folks are not taking care of the small details. And this is really sad because they make such fine software. Lack of attention to detail can give a false impression.

6. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

They said they are working on a new web page. I'm sure with all of the replies they keep being forced to do on this forum in a different section that it cut's into development time on both software and web pages. ;)

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, i have never received anything either, seems to be completely abandoned.

8. Dazed_and_Confused

How much time does it take to edit text on a web page? :rolleyes:

9. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Errr....as in cattle :p

10. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Taken in and of itself, this "oversight" probably doesn't mean much. A lot of companies either don't take the time, or don't have the time, to update their site as often as they should. However, taken in the context of the totality of what's taken place over the past few months, or couple of years depending on how you look at it, I'd say that DiamondCS is in real trouble as an organization. They've failed to deliver on the new release of their core product, discontinued their core product, upset a large portion of their customer base, and most importanly repeated the very mistake that got them into this whole mess. Let me qualify that last "allegation," if I may. While many of us debate the reasonableness of the decisions coming from the leadership at DiamondCS, most of us (Wayne included) agree that the biggest mistake was promising, or speculating (inserted especially for you Wayne because I know that you will cringe when you read the word "promise"), the delivery of TDS-4 (an unfinished work-in-progress). Wayne himself has said many times that he should have never forecasted the release of an unfinished work. Then he turns right around and "speculates" on the upcoming release of a new website. Now look what's happening. I'll be damned, there are people that are starting to get upset because the site has not been delivered. I'm seeing a pattern and that pattern is one of repeated, poor decision making. I think I'm going to start a business soon. Actually, if anyone wants to place advanced orders on my new product please send $99 to me and I promise to deliver the product tomorrow. :)
    P.S.
    My WEBSITE is coming soon.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  11. controler

controler Guest

SHAME

yes that is what they are going thru

THey still have TDS-3 for sale on their site and that is a dissgrace.
    somebody needs to be slapped!!! HArd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

controler

12. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

Actually if you click on the link you are re directed to a page that explains what is going on with TDS-3. You can't download it nor can you purchase it. You are talking without facts.

As for you Dallen, this is not the TDS-3 thread. It is the Process Guard thread. It has become apparent that your only goal is to create as much trouble as possible after the demise of the TDS-3 software. You skirt a fine line posting your distaste anywhere and everywhere you can.

If I had admin power on this forum you would not be here anymore. You play like a skipping record and you spread your dislike of DiamonCS like a disease. It really is becoming old hat now and I'm sure I am not the only person that's growing tired of it.

13. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

How about we all just settle down a bit and keep the personal comments out of the discussion.

The thread is nominally about PG and the state of the current website, let's try to stay on that topic. Some of the other points raised above do have a contextual relation to the topic, but they should not serve as a stepping stone for an unrelated discussion.

As for the state of the website with respect to PG's profile, posted versions of some of the freeware, and so on, yes, it is outdated and needs to be revised. They have said a new website is in the works. It's to their benefit to complete it, but frankly it really doesn't impact us as customers save for the future impact on continuing sales. I view it as an internal matter since the primary impact is internal to DCS.

As for products, I try to be consistent and base my decisions on what is, not what could be or may be. I assume others follow a similar course.

Blue

14. controler

controler Guest

Oh come on now Juggernaut
    Infrequent Poster

Those that know me here KNOW your statement is not true at all. My comment was made in jest.
    I love PG and wouln't be without it.
    I think you over reacted to my comment :D
    Of all the software I have used, DCS is one of the few I ever had to pay for and I did without any regrets.

Peace

controler

15. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll stand corrected....but I'm almost positive he was not referring to you.

Having said that....let's Please continue as Blue suggested...."keep the personal comments out of the discussion"

16. dallen

dallen Registered Member

BlueZannetti, this must be a first. I could be wrong, but I don't remember a time when you've actually stuck up for something I've said, or at least my right to say it. One last unrelated comment, you articulate your clear thinking in a manner that deserves respect.
    With all do respect controler, I believe that Juggernaut was directing those inciting comments towards me.
    As BlueZannetti so eloquently stated, my comment was related; however, yours was not. As a result, you seem to be the one doing the skirting.

As for getting back on topic, I concur that the website needs to be updated and feel that there is a need to make it happen quickly in order to begin repairing the reputation of DiamondCS.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  17. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Of course it was directed to you Dallen . Everything usually is . lol .
    Ok . Not TDS . BUT , PG is , indeed , on the sit6e as stated by Dazed . I wrote a very long time ago that Jason was the author of PG . I was quickly told by a DCS memeber that they ALL worked together on that . There is a person at DCS I STILL consider my friend . And he knows it . But , since Jason left , DCS has been quiet up until the statement of discontinuing TDS . Before Jug says something to me , I am showing that it makes sense that the site has not been updated . It seems everything is slowly just going to disappear . Hope not but , that is how it seems .
    In any case , that is fine . And , I may be wrong here but , I certainly thought that PG version 3 came out last year . I apologize to Dazed if I am wrong , which I am probably am . Just seems the v3 has been in my arsenal longer than January of this year

18. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Yep.......i would bet dollars to donuts that Jason is and has been the operative word with DCS ........and i won't be waiting for Santa this year.......not that i was last year..

19. BlueZannetti

All the moderators and administrators here strive to be impartial in all matters of forum moderation. For those emotionally invested in the discussion, our actions may seem at time capricious, but we try to avoid that and I believe that we succeed. All of us have the same objective - a well running site where opinions and information can be exchanged in a productive manner.

Now, as I said above, the topic is PG and the state of the current website. Let's try to stay focussed on that. Thanks in advance.

Blue

20. Headshott

Headshott Registered Member

Must be a new website coming real soon? the free APM site is different to the rest of the page.. hmmmm

21. Dazed_and_Confused

Hello, hpc. :)

I do believe an earlier version (3.0.0.0?) might have been released in Y2004. I just noted that Jason announced the release of ver 3.1.5.0 on Jan 23 of this year in a sticky thread in this same forum. So I guess you could call this a "new" release.

No need to apologize, hpc. I am usually the one making the errors... ;)

22. Dazed_and_Confused

You make an excellent point here, dallen. Nothing personal, but I sure hope your wrong.

When you stop paying attention to the small details (such as the web site, which by the way I don't think is a "small" detail when most of your sales are over the internet), that can mean troubles run deeper. I sure would like to hear their explanation. And it better not be "I don't have time".

o_Oo_Oo_O??

23. BlueZannetti

From a quick look at my archives, I do see a setup file for PG version 3.05 with the download dated Nov. 13, 2004.

Blue

24. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

hmm, everythings ok => website updated. everythings not ok => website ignored...maybe former DCS member jason is planning for a "uber pg" in his new security suite... but I really hope the people at DCS can work this out, including updating their website... :cool:

25. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

The sad thing is that the word is already all over the internet. Don't buy Process Guard as this is the last version and it is going to slowly die. This is what I keep hearing from the security experts I respect. Perhaps, Kaspersky's process guard will become the one to have. Perhaps not. I too have noted the lack of attention to the website and, coupled with what my security friends tell me, I think we are witnessing the slow death of a once top notch security company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.