PG 3 GUI glitches

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Paranoid2000, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I've noticed a couple of issues with the PG3 GUI. I'd consider them annoyances rather than outright bugs so a separate thread seems more fitting for them...
    • ProcGuard does not remember any change made to its window size or position, always opening at the upper left of the screen;
    • After using "Add Application", no application entry is highlighted in the Protection list but protection settings are still displayed at the bottom of the window and can be adjusted, though they do not seem to affect anything. This was an issue with the first public beta which was fixed in the second;
    • Clicking on a tab does not bring the ProcGuard window to the front if it is partly behind another window which is non-standard behaviour.

2. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

Hi paranoid2000,

can this be handled by exiting PG's GUI (systray icon's context menu - exit) and relaunching it? It could be that it remembers them only on exit but that the exit on system shutdown somehow doesn't count. :p

Andreas

3. Paranoid2000

Thanks for the suggestion Andreas1 - it did appear to work at first (exiting and restarting PG would result in the window reappearing in the last location), but logging out and back in again resets the window position.

Also another gripe I forgot to mention :D - the Execution Protection prompt no longer remembers the Show/Hide Details setting. Since I like to see full details this means having to click the Show Details option on every prompt. :(

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

It sounds like a registry acess error, what account are you are running under, a limited account ?

Or any other system policy which means PG can't change the registry settings ?

5. Paranoid2000

This happens with both a power user account (using Run As to run ProcGuard as Administrator) and an administrator account.

6. Paranoid2000

PG 3.05 does look to have fixed all these issues now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.