PG 3, Beta 2 is MAJOR CPU hog!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by siliconman01, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

PG 3, beta 2 is really hogging CPU utilization. With ALL programs turned off and PG 3 Protection disabled, my CPU time is 0-4%. Turning on PG 3 Protection immediately jumps the CPU utilization to 15-17%...steady. It makes no difference with or without options in Global protection, learning mode, or Execution Protection. Every option can be off and the CPU utilization stays at 15-17%.

With all programs turned on, I run a consistent 22-27% with PG 3, Beta 3. With PG V2, it was 3-10% with about 6% being average. :(

HELP...this is very undesireable...for any program to hog this much CPU.

Forgot...Running XP-SP2, 2.6 ghertz P4, 1.5 gbyte DRAM

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Siliconman01,
    You may be best to check your Alerts log as V3 uses about half the CPU time than V2.
    You may find that there is an application constantly paging a protected list item and using a lot of CPU time.

Here is ascrenshot of TM showing CPU usage, pleas note the overall "CPU time" that DCSuserprot & PGaccount have used. 15 times less than KAV monitor (AvpM) for instance and 60 times less than SpySweeper:)

Attached Files:

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Siliconman01,

Are you running any other process monitoring software? (e.g. Abtrusion Protector, PrevX, System Safety Monitor). I have encountered one case where a conflict (over a third program) caused PG's CPU utilisation to soar.

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.