PG 3.410 & IE7 RC1 MAJOR Incompatibility

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by siliconman01, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Running Windows XP-SP2 HE (fully updated), 1.5 gbyte DRAM, 2.6 ghertz P4, Dell Dimension 8200.
    Software: PG3.410, NIS 2006, SuperAntispyware, Trend Micro Anti-Spyware, TrojanHunter 4.5, Ghost Security Suite (AppDefend disabled), StickyPassword, HostsMan 3.0, Advanced Windows Care Pro V3.0, MS Office 2003, WeatherPulse 2.0.5 (Build 36).

Have been running PG3.410 successfully since the first day it was released.

In recent days, I have been trying to figure out why IE7 RC1 would not install on my system. It would install; however, on the first reboot, it would not complete installation/setup and the system would lock up without even the taskbar showing. I've tried various program removals, deactivations, and even removed NIS 2006 totally. Finally today, I removed PG 3.410 and VOILA, IE7 RC1 is up and running along with everything else on my system.

If I reinstall PG 3.410, the system will not boot up. The desktop appears, no task bar, and the only way to shutdown is to power down. I've tried resetting pguard.dat and pghash.dat and even that makes no difference.

Something between IE7 RC1 and PG 3.410 is not working! I did have IE7 Beta 2 and Beta 3 working okay with PG 3.410....but...RC1...no way.

UPDATE-UPDATE:
    This problem must be inherent with IE7 RC1. It reappearred with PG 3.410 not installed and when I re-installed NIS 2006. Thus, IE7 RC1 has been removed, PG 3.410 re-installed, NIS 2006 re-installed. SORRY for "blame" to wrong process.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Interesting observations in any case ! thanks for posting

3. boleyd

boleyd Registered Member

Process Guard 3.400 (PG) works with IE7 & XP SP2.

Dick

4. controler

controler Guest

I couldn't install RC1 without dissabling PG first, reboot, then re-enable PG

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I thought this would be the standard protocol for any relevant installation. Not only I disable PG, but when I reboot I run it in learning mode for another reboot.

6. siliconman01

I did some further testing and I am not able to finish the IE7 RC1 installation if either ProcessGuard V3.410 or Norton Internet Security 2006 are "installed" on my system. Deactivation of either does not permit installation...they have to be totally removed. Verrrrrrrrry strange. If I install IE7 RC1 and then re-install either of these two programs, the system locks up on reboot without even a task bar. o_O I'll wait for IE RC2.

7. Wilpower

Wilpower Registered Member

Interesting stuff. I am running PG v. 3.3b4 and recently installed IE7 RC1 on my (Windows XP Prof. SP2 fully patched)and "did not" experience any glich or issue at all. I feel blessed!!!:D

8. Dwarden

Dwarden Registered Member

strange IE7Rc1 runs fine with 3.410 for me ...

9. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Possibly due to different services being on the machine - an update to IE is also an update to other.. things..

10. siliconman01

Well.... I got IE7 RC1 installed and working with ProcessGuard, NIS 2006 and everything else major.

I formatted and rebuilt my C:\ drive (still in progress on parts of it). I guess I've been running too many betas, betas, registry cleanings, etc., etc., over the past year. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.