PG 3.4-n-SMH

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by redwolfe_98, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i seemed to have a problem with "secure message handling", "SMH", in PG 3.4.. i only use "SMH" with my kerio 2.15 firewall, with "persfw.exe".. i have been using "SMH" with "persfw.exe" for some time, so i am familiar with how it works when used in PG 3.15..

with PG 3.4, "SMH" seemed to only work once, and then to not work afterwards, after the first time that i had entered the code for "SMH" in order for "SMH" to allow "persfw.exe" to "close".. actually, this is the firewall-alert window that is closing, not the firewall itself..

that is not the same as with "SMH" in PG 3.15 where i would have to enter a code for "SMH" in order for "SMH" to allow the firewall-alert window to close each time that the firewall-alert window popped up..

again, after the firewall-alert window popped up the first time, and after the first time that i was prompted to enter a code for "SMH" in order for "SMH" to allow the firewall-alert window to close, i was never again prompted to enter a code for "SMH" in order for "SMH" to allow the firewall-alert window to close: the firewall-alert window would close without "SMH" preventing it from closing..

since "SMH" did not seem to work properly in PG 3.4, i reinstalled PG 3.15..

i also noticed some things that seemed odd when i tested PG 3.4 with the new "advanced process termination" program ("APT")..

in testing PG 3.4 with "advanced process termination" program (APT"), the process that i was trying to kill with "APT" was "persfw.exe", and i did some testing by trying to kill the "BOC421.exe" process..

with many of the kill processes in "advanced process termination" ("APT"), i would expect to see the PG-icon in the systray flashing, indicating that it had blocked "APT" from being able to terminate a process when i would try to terminate a process with "APT", but, in many cases, the icon was not flashing, not indicating that PG had blocked "APT" from terminating a process.. i think that PG 3.4 was blocking at least some of those kill-processes and logging the event(s), but the PG 3.4-icon was not flashing, or red, not indicating that "APT" had been blocked from terminating a process..

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.