PG 3.0 beta 2 - Problems???

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Atomas31, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I've got a few problem with my PG 3.0 beta 2 (snif!) for some reason I can't use some anti-spyware with PG 3.0 protection enable or else my system crash (blue screen of death). So when ever I want to scan my system with those anti-spyware I right click on the icone of PG on my tray bar and uncheck protection enable. But, for some reason that seems to make PG go wild, since then he have difficulties to initialize, make my system freeze and this morning, again the same problem, but when I checked on it all my list of protection was dissapeared, nothing in it, nada, none, rien, where the hell did my protection list go? why does PG have so much problem to initialize? why does it make my system freeze (when difficulty to initialize)? why did disabling protection by right clicking on the icon tray bar (a few time) turn my PG wild and difficult? That is one hell of a bug,ain't it? why does some anti-spyware scan, with PG 3.0 protection enable, crashes my systemo_O

By the way, I know that the final release is coming but I hope this bug is over!

Thank you for your suggestion,
    Atomas31

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Atom, What anti-spyware program are you referring to?

In beta testing we have had no problems reported with, Spybot, AdAware +AdWatch, SpySweeper, JavaClool's tools etc.etc.

Thnaks. Pilli

3. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Using Windows XP-SP2...

Haven't experienced any PG interference while scanning with
    TrojanHunter 4.0, TDS-3, Pest Patrol 4.4, Ad-Aware SE Plus, Spy Sweeper 3.2, or with SpywareGuard 2.1, SpyWareBlaster 3.2, MRUBlaster, BHODemon 2.0.0.20, or with NIS 2005.

Perhaps you have some permissions that have not been allowed on whatever spyware program you are using.

The only problem I have experienced/reported that is yet to be resolved is that I cannot use CMH with Spy Sweeper. Hopefully that will be resolved in the final release of PG 3.

Just for info!

4. Atomas31

Hi,

I don't remember all the anti-spyware but I do remember that when doing a full scan with some of them my system crash (some I think where : Spyware doctor, spycatcher and Gian anti-spyware). That problem is supposed to be solved in the final release from what someone at Diamonds told me (I have write them about this problem). The true question here is about the effect of enable and disable protection from right clicking on the icon of PG on the tray bar? Why does this screw PGo_O?

Thanks guy,
    Atomas31

5. Atomas31

Finally I decide to remove PG 3.0 beta 2 and wait for the final version of PG 3.0, that way I won't have to reconfigured my PG all over again for the next 2-3 days and redone it on Monday ;-)))

Just hope that those bugs are gonna be solve in the final release?

Atomas31

6. WCH

WCH Registered Member

Just for the record, I continue to have crashes when running Giant Antispyware on my XP2 machine. An on-demand scan starts, runs for a few hundred files, then the BSOD.

I have tried with all permission allowed without any change. I disable protection in PG 3.0 until the Giant scan completes.

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

The Giant problem is fixed I believe. :D

Pilli

8. Atomas31

Hi Pilli,

And what was the problem with the full scan of some anti-spyware (Giant anti-spyware, spyware doctor, etc) and the protection enable of PG 3? Me too, I have try to give them full access on PG and unless I disable protection my computer was also crashingo_O?

Atomas31

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Atom, The fix corrects not just Giant but other software that uses similar techniques.

Enjoy your weekend. Pilli

10. WCH

WCH Registered Member

Regrefully, the Giant problem is not frixed on my machine!

Please know that this not a mojor issue for me as I do not use auto scheduling for Giant scans, thus a temporary disable of PG3 is not a big problem.

But, with all PG3 permissions granted to Giant processes, BSOD always happens unless PG3 is disabled. I've shutdown Outpost and Prevx to ensure that they are not somehow at the root of this problem, but this makes no difference.

So with my configuration, PG3 and Giant are not playing well together....

Cheers

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi WCH, The problems regarding Giant etc, have been fixed in the latest Private beta's -The new full release will be available on Monday.

As with any software there may be conflicts with some programs and computer configurations these may not be resolved easily if at all but Jason has corrected literally hundreds of nits since the last Public beta 2. :D

Try it Monday, hopefully these problems will have gone for you both. Pilli :)

12. WCH

WCH Registered Member

Thanks Pilli....

I appreciate the complexities. I posted because I didn't understand that you were saying that this issue was resovlved in the private beta rather than the public beta.

Have a good weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.