PG 2.00 Locked...Help!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Caliban, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caliban

Caliban Registered Member

I uninstalled my previous version per instructions and installed PG 2.00 and rebooted. I set all the security items and enabled protection, I added all the exe. files I wanted to protect and saw that it was good. I then turned off my boxen and left it for a bit, when I started it PG came up disabled and locked, the problem being I did not enter a password or attempt to lock it. I now can not enable PG, I need a little help please. Eagerly awaiting a reply. *puppy*

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Boot into safe mode, delete pguard.dat which is in your SYSTEM32 folder (c:\windows\system32 usually) and then boot into normal mode. You will lose your settings, but the password will be reset.

-Jason-

3. Caliban

Caliban Registered Member

Thanks Jason, I'll try that now.

4. lion

lion Guest

Hello Folks!

I have problem.I can not to use the fax on winxp.I'm trying three times install or uninstall PG 1.3 after install PG 2.00 but not sucess.I think the fax driver is can not intall in windows.Before PG 1.3 my fax is good working.
    Please help me! :doubt: :'(

5. linney

linney Registered Member

From the Help file under General Protection Options -

"Block Drivers and Services from Installing.

This option protects you against unauthorized programs loading drivers and services on your system. .......... If a program you use wants to install a driver or a service it will be logged so you can see this. You can add that program in the Program Protection Section and enable "Allow Driver/Services Install" as seen in the screenshot."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.