Personal Firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lun3rst4r15, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lun3rst4r15

lun3rst4r15 Registered Member

Which settings am i suppose to be in? Interactive mode or automatic filtering mode? I'm guessing Interactive mode if you don't want any pop ups inbound and outbound every time. Last question are there any settings i need to change once it comes right out of the box and installed?

2. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

Hello lun3rst4r15, automatic filtering is if you don't want any popups, and the firewall deals with the traffic automatically.
    If however, you would like more control over what you want the firewall to do, go with interactive mode, where the firewall will ask for what you want to do.
    Please only do this if you are familiar to what to allow and deny, you wouldn't want to block svchost for instance, even if you have not heard of it.

3. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

There's no universal rule which mode to use. That depends on you and what you want from firewall.
    From your post I think that you should start with automatic mode.

4. Ryan Hayward

Ryan Hayward Registered Member

With svchost, do I allow it for both inbound and outbound and with any ip address that its communicating with?
    Or should I just give it permanent inbound with my ISP's address?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.