*Permanently erase with Webroot* option in WSA Antivirus 2013?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by tookerjeff, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Hey all,

Just noticed that the option to permanently erase with Webroot is showing up when I right click on files/folders in my WSA Antivirus 2013--is this supposed to be there? Seems to work which isn't a bad thing :)

Also wondered if this just does a simple secure erase with random zero's combos, etc. as it erases faster than most other file shredders too...

Thanks!

-tookerjeff

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

It is there by default. You can remove it if you wish by going to the main GUI then "System Tools > System Cleaner > Cleanup Settings" and unchecking the "Enable Windows Explorer right click secure file erasing" option.

3. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

I think the point was the the AV product (rather than Plus/Complete) does not include the system cleaner function (no "System Tools > System Cleaner > Cleanup Settings") so should the "permanently erase with Webroot" menu option be there?

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Ooops.. Missed that... What happens when I post as I am falling asleep, past my bedtime :D ...

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We left this in the AV product on the launch of the 2013 release but may end up removing it - it should only show for some licenses which had the system cleaner functionality in previously but at the moment it will show for all of them. This feature is fully available in the Complete product, which gives you control over how many times you want to erase/rewrite over the file.

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

its a great feature imo and i know a lot of av users that will be sad honestly that i know to see it goes. they were surprised to see it when they updated and now use it often. i know of maybe 10 or more right off the top of my head. you may want to consider leaving it if only the right click option to simply erase a file or folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.