PerfectDisk question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by gracie123, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I am using PerfectDisk (the latest version) and I did a defrag on my computer with this program. However, when I did a "Analyze" using PerfectDisk, I noticed a window pop up. (see screenshot)

I accepted to do this upon the restart of my computer but I did not notice anything like it did anything to the computer. Only thing I noticed was when I clicked on my username on the Windows logon screen, my wallpaper was showing with no desktop icons or anything loading in the system tray for a few minutes then it all came up like normal. But then when I did another "Analyze" using PerfectDisk, I noticed the same window (see screenshot) pop up again... and so I accepted again and this time upon the restart of my computer, nothing different happened except a normal restart of the computer.

I decided to uninstall Spy Sweeper and NOD32, the only security apps. I have running or did and still, I get this window (see screenshot) when I did a "Analyze" using Perfect Disk.

Any suggestions?

Gracie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

rather than answering the pop-up, try running the offline scan manually.

in the perfectdisk main window, select your C drive and click the toolbar button for running offline scans (if there is one). if not, right-click the C drive and see if theres an option there.

3. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi, thanks so much for the suggestion. For some reason, it is doing something called a boot time defragmentation and this is what it says it would do.

Thanks again :),

Gracie

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.