PerfectDisk 2008 v64 is JUNK!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by silver0066, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I updated to version 64 on 3 systems. On running Analyze on all three systems, which are all different, it caused a BSOD!!!

I had no problems with previous versions.

It will be removed from my computers immediately and I will go back to DiskTrix Ultimate Defrag even though it does not have boot time defrag yet.

2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I'm running Perfectdisk 2008 build v64 and it's running fine with me, no bluescreens here.

3. WonderWrench

WonderWrench Registered Member

Working fine on three XP 32bit sp3 boxes here. silver0066 what OS are you using?

4. Arup

Arup Guest

No blue screens here on XPx64, one dual quad core and one quad core Phenom. However PD is now not impressing me with its speed. I see better results boot time during program load with O&O.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I anylized my HD just after doing the update, and all is well. :cool:

6. LittleDude

LittleDude Registered Member

Running fine for me :)

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I'm have Perfectdisk 2008 build 64 and it's running fine for me, no bluescreens here.

8. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hi Silver0066:) The x64 machines I have here, Server 2008 Hyper-V, SBS 2008 with PD2008 Server and x64 Vista with PD2008 Pro and build 64(sp4), I also run PD2008 on other machines, seems to be running fine since I updated just over a week ago. Do you have any other info you can add - what it said on the BSOD or .dmp. Obviously, I'd be interested in knowing if you'd found out anything else as to the cause of your problem -for warned... Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  9. silver0066

I submitted a ticket to Raxco and someone replied that it was because of FolderLock driver and blamed it on them. They want me to contact FolderLock and ask them to fix their driver to work with PD.

I am trialing other defraggers and have had no problems with the FolderLock driver. It looks like they are passing the buck. I have removed the program (I have the VMWare edition) and requested a refund.

Silver

10. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Well you were in very good hands there Silver0066, Raxco support is excellent, Ive never known them pass blame.

I have the VMWare edition, it does a great job which you'll be missing now, I'd say it was a bit early to throw in the towel and ask for a refund.

11. silver0066

If they decide to fix the problem, I will reinstall it. I do like the VmWare feature and will miss it. I just can't give up FolderLock and ShadowProtect, another driver which has problems with PD. I travel a lot and Folder Lock and TrueCrypt used together are essential for security of my data and external drives.

There are lots of good defraggers out there.

12. silver0066

Raxco denied the refund.

I am now trialing O&O v11 and so far, it looks like a winner. At least until DiskTrix get's its offline defrag feature working.

13. Halo326

Halo326 Registered Member

No BSOD's here either. Are you using any security software interfering with PD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.