Peppermint OS

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by hogndog, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Have they made any changes to the Peppermint OS.. seems i tried it once before and didn't like it.. Today i tried it again and found it to be an excellent operating system.. fast.. user friendly.. easy to navigate.. on the order of Mint but faster in my opinion..:)

What's New?: Launch web and cloud-based games from the Main Menu. Enjoy the improved look and feel of a new customizable desktop. Software bundles (Metapackages) for popular tasks are available in the Software Manager. Now you can grab Office Productivity, Graphic Arts and Photography packages with the touch of a button. Based on the Ubuntu 13.04 code base.

http://peppermintos.com/

maybe give it a test drive.. *puppy*

2. biscuits

biscuits Registered Member

It is indeed fast (responsive/snappy) even in older systems (i.e. intel atom N280, 2gb ram). Love it:D

3. viking313

viking313 Registered Member

Even though I still have Win 7 on my netbook....I dual boot Peppermint 4 and never use Win 7.Peppermint does everthing and more that I need and runs smoothly with no hardware issues...thinking I may completly wipe Windows from my hard drive after I backup my pictures....:eek:

4. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Linux truly is amazing.. first it was Mint then Lubuntu next Puppy Linux then Peppermint each experience getting better.. I'm thinking Microsoft could learn some things from the Linux OS if they wouldn't let pride stand in the way.. they might even consider reintroducing XP..:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.