Pear OS Linux Panther v3.0 - Not impressed

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

The French have a saying, it goes like this: Le critique commentaire avec turde pour Dedoimedo. In other words, I've written a review of Pear OS Linux Panther v3.0, a Ubuntu-based distribution with Gnome 3.2 desktop designed to look and behave like Mac OSX, including live session, installation and post-install use, covering look & feel, visual integration, branding, multimedia playback, dual-boot setup with Windows 8, Appstore, applications, and many problems like visual glitches, installation bugs, non-resizable control center, misleading titles, broken programs, broken package manager functionality, incomplete removal of programs, incomplete, missing or hidden application entries, English and French language mix, no use of local mirrors, no proxy support, bad visual layout on low resolution, sudo errors, several VirtualBox errors, and more. QA is a bitch. Do take a look.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/pearos.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Hi.
    My first language is french and this sentence doesn't make any sense to me.
    A turde is some kind of bird.
    What did you use to translate in french?
    Better avoid this translation service.

Disclosure: I have nothing to do with the people at Pear OS, and I'm québécois, not french.

Best regards, and thanks for the critical review!
    François

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

It's a joke, it sort of means the usual review crap from Dedoimedo :)
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.