PE does not accept the Unlock Code

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Disciple, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

This may or not be related to another question/post I have here titled Members Area - PE Download, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48727. There appears to be a problem, at least on my system which is a first when installing a DCS product. I downloaded it from the Members Area, uninstalled 1.8, re-booted and proceded to install 2.0. Everything went as expected until I get to the point of entering the unlock code, at that time I get an error dialog box and the code will not be accepted by PE. (see the attached screenshot PE Unlock Code Error.gif) Could this be caused by the file available for download is pedemosetup.exe?

Attached Files:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Disciple, The demo is updated to the full version on adding the unlock code.

Do you have an alternative browser that you could try?

I simply cut and pasted the code into the PE code box and restarted PE.

HTH Pilli

3. Disciple

That is what I thought.

I am using Maxthon, formerly MyIE2, which uses the IE engine. The UC is the same one I was given when I originally purchased PE.

So have I. It worked great for the PG 3.0 beta, which is why it has me puzzled. I may try to re-download and do the uninstall/install again. If that does not work I guess I will e-mail DCS and wait until they wake up in Perth to get a resolution.

Thank you for your help.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hopefully this will be resolved when Perth wakes up, Wayne did mention in another thread that there had been a couple of gremlins in the works :)

5. Disciple

I thought I saw a post that said there was some sort of a problem with the PG Unlock Code, but a search of the PG, and PE boards turned up nothing.

Thank you.

6. waya

waya Registered Member

o_O Hi Everyone. I just tried to install the new version 2 of port Explorer. I also get the error message, when I input my unlock code. I tried uninstalling/rebooting/installing/rebooting/ twice, to no avail. I wonder what is amiss. I'll check for news after a bit. Cheers! :)

7. Disciple

waya, sorry to hear you are having the same problem. I just finished sending DCS an e-mail about this. Once they are in the office I am sure we will hear from them, and have a solution in hand. At least my install is running, even if is set to expire in 30 days.

8. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Apologies for the problem - it seems to be caused by a few user details in the databases and will be fixed shortly. Anyone with a problem can email support and we will fix you up immediately with a code :)

9. waya

waya Registered Member

:D Hi Gavin and Disciple, Guess what? I got mine fixed up. Apparently, I have two ways to log in to the Members area. If I use one way, I get an unlock code that doesn't work. If I use the other way, I get a valid code for both Process Guard and for Port Explorer. A TDS-3 icon is also available, though I don't need to update that one. I just uninstalled PE and PG and installed the newest versions of both, ie. (ver 2 and the beta version 3.) Both accepted their codes and are away to the races. I think that I must have used different e-mail addresses to buy some of the three Diamond programs that I have. Anyway, one of the e-mail and password combos takes me to a proper screen that shows all the software that I actually own. I have duly noted the proper credentials to use. Phew! A big congratulations on all the relentless work, fellas! Tonight I sleep good. ciao 4 nao.
    PS: Hope to see your smile up here pronto, Disciple.

10. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes we are currently fixing up people who have registered with different emails for different products. Due to the amount of registered users we have, we simple can't use the name of people as a unique identifier, since we have so many duplicate names. So we use the email address, and the people who have either changed their email or registered products with different emails are the ones who are having this problem.

11. Disciple

Yep I went from dialup to DSL, and changed mine at that time to stop/cut down the amout of SPAM I was getting at that time. I will e-main the details. Thank you.

12. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

what the hell i just dowenloaded it and installed it put the lame ass unlock code which by the way i cant understand for the life of me how that could be an unlock code

did you guys screw up this cant be right says my unlock code is 0 thats it

a damn 0

why do i bother to upgrade this is a joke

13. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Please Blaze, please....
    Could you please send me first a message in such a case....

OK, here goes:
    As far as I remember I bought Port Explorer for you somewhere in the past.
    I have to try to dig the emails up in the archive.

Maybe you and me and Gavin/Jason have to solve this in private.
    Maybe the DCS guys need to make a fix in this situation.
    Are you OK that we try to solve this in private? ;)

Cheers, Jan.

14. Mr.Blaze

i guess i sent an e-mail lol jan what are you still doing up lol

how long have you been alwake

hey do you have the verstion befor this one v1.800

i only got 1.7

maybe upgradeing isnt always the best these days i rather have my old one

15. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I have just send an email to Gavin with the old information from the time I bought Port Explorer for Blaze.

For the moment I take a little time-out.

Jan.

16. Mr.Blaze

eh im just streesed seem like all dcs products are backfireing on me these days

its like haveing a corvet all of the sudden the engine gets replaced with a 4 bangher engine lol

how long you been up

17. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

:eek: jeezz Blaze.....get into some bad salmon :D

18. Mr.Blaze

FISH GOOD LOL STILL NO SEE UNLOCK CODE

will ehhhh i got ver 1.7

19. Mr.Blaze

GOT UNLOCK CODE THX

20. Mr.Blaze

NOPE THAT UNLOCK CODE NO GOOD EITHER

FOOLED ME HAD MORE LETTERS BUT WAS STILL SHORT DID NOT UNLOCK GOT ERROR LIKE GUY ABOVE

21. Disciple

Me too :'(. The guy above :D.

FYI - I tried: Uninstalling, removing all traces of PE from the registry, downloaded a new copy of PE 2.0, installing and entering the Unlock Code.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  22. Mr.Blaze

yup at 2 am or so i jason went out of his way to send me an unlock code but sadly that one didnt work i e-maild him a picture of the unlock code not working

i miss the days of the drop in keyfile your good to go

23. Mr.Blaze

day 17 no unlock code

wondering if i been abandone in this thread

i have a beard now and my high gen is bad

days with out rest hopeing some dcsmember will see my sighn in the sand

day 18 no sighn of dcs starveing now am weak but i shall go on today i thought i saw a dcs member but befor i could get the bond fire lit he loged off

day 19 i have gone i think mad and have begun to talk to the port explorer box i feel its laughing at me since the evalluation countdowen is almost expired

day 20th i see jooskey loged on but i know she cant help me with this problem but still hugs

day 21 i been trying to track dowen wilder members with port explorer v1.800 to end my sufering lol

24. Mr.Blaze

day 22 port exploere has left me when its trial was due last words i utter to it as it left me alone here stranded was what about my neeedssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

day 23 i had riped my cloths in a fit of madness coverd my body in mud to blend in with my surondings and had purposely gave my self paper cut with the blood from my fingher i put marks on my face as a warrior

like rambo

i had fashion a stick as a spear by sharpening it

i shall hunt dcs mods

as i went hunting i came across a wise old man and he bestowed upon me
    port exploere v1.800 the hollyest of grails no more unlock codes no more stress just add keyfile and im done

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  25. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Sorry Blaze, you got the bad end of the stick again. :)

Seems your unlock code was cut off shortly, it should be fixed in an hour or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.