PE Date Format

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by doverjm, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doverjm

doverjm Registered Member

Hi All,

I'm a new user of PE and think it's one terrific program. However, I have a suggestion for one small enhancement...

Could you give user's the ability to display dates within the program using a MM/DD/YYYY format instead of a DD/MM/YYYY format?

I know that the format you are using is pretty much the standard in Europe and many other parts of the world, but it's virtually unheard of here in the States (you know how we like to be different here....LOL). Anyway, I realize this is not a huge issue, but it would be nice to be able to make this change if a user desires.

Thanks!!!!

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi doverjm and welcome to the forum,
    so PE doesn't take over your windows standard time configuration? I'm happy with the dd/mm/yyyy format!
    Maybe there could come in a future version something configurable in the date setting or a reg file -- anything like that.
    Better change the american datesetting to what the whole world uses, will end lots of confusions like we recently saw in the forums, 6/11 for 11/6 etc.

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

It's quite easy displaying the date in various formats (and your preferred format is stored in the registry) so it won't be a problem to add support for this in the next update, thanks for the suggestion. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.