PE and ZoneAlarm problem.

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Alex_B, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex_B

Alex_B Registered Member

I'm trying PE evalution on my home PC (Win XP).
    I got problem with PE when ZoneAlarm is running. I cannot close PE,
    every time it just stuck on message releasing threads and the only way top close it - to re-boot PC.

Without ZoneAlarm all running well.

I tried to play with ZoneAlarm setting but without success till now.

Any help/advices highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Alex, welcome!
    I run PE and ZAPro without problems, but on win98se; it takes a few moments before i see the releasing threads space message has gone (sometimes even minutes).
    In fact PE runs always in the background, also when we did not fire up the GUI to look what is all happening and what we might like to control.
    For my system PE is a blessing as it releases space and makes it available again for other processes really quick, much faster then windows itself does, also when i have the console up (which is about all time) and i seldom close it.

It might be that your system would prefer to have Port Explorer installed before Zone Alarm, -- on my system it did not make any difference, but XP might be more sensitive or the one XP is not the other; generally spoken have not heard about problems between these two.
    So you might like to uninstall both programs, reboot and install PE again and after ZA and look how it goes.

Tell us how it goes please!

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

May be it's the ZA driver which has some kind of protection conflicting with Port Explorer, i don't know.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am running ZA Pro 4.5... with the registered version of PE. I haven't seen any problems whatsoever. My first install of PE of course was after having ZA running. Since then I've upgraded ZA and not seen any problems.

Running XP Pro SP1, plus all the latest patches.

Pete

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Same situation here, ZAPro was there, after PE, after PE update, ZAPro update, etc never uninstalled any of them.
    But i did take care all AV/AT programs we ALL closed completely and even rebooted to make sure all files were free for update/install/use with the installs, so this might be another point to check Alex?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.