PDA Virus / Worm / Trojan / Spyware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Dobermann, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dobermann

Dobermann Registered Member

Please be gentle if this has been covered elsewhere. It probably has, but my creativity for searching does not go beyond "Axim" or "PDA" matched with the above, and I get no hits.

My question is about Dell Axim PDAs (X50V with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition operating system) and how concerned I need be about getting one of the above nasties. I do not see any firewalls on my new unit (it's my first PDA, so I have a big learning curve). My PC is protected, but my concern is for when the PDA connects to the internet. I do not want it to get something that either affects it or is subsequently transferred to my PC.

Are there links somewhere of good reading on this or any advice? I do not know how believable the companies' websites are that sell such products as to the susceptibility of the PDA. I figured that this forum would be the best to get an impartial intelligent answser.

Thanks,
    Dobermann
    *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.