PC's running behind a router can not communicate

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Thinman, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinman

Thinman Registered Member

I am new to LnS and am running the trial.

I have installed LnS on both PCs. I have read the instructions "How to configure Look 'n' Stop for a Local Area Network ?" but obviously do not understand something. In particular the instructions state:

1 : Select the Internet Filtering page of Look 'n' Stop
    2 : Click on the Add button
    3 : In the Rule Name zone, type "ETH : Authorize the other PC”"
    4 : In the Direction zone, click on "Internet >> PC and PC >> Internet"
    5 : In the Destination (PC >> Net) / Source (Net>> PC) zone, position Address Ethernet on Equals and just to the right of that enter the Ethernet Address of the other PC.
    6 : Click on OK. The Rule appears at the top of the list. You may leave it there.
    7 : Uncheck (suppress) the Stop sign () to free the Rule to allow data exchanges with the other PC.
    8 : Click on Apply

Step 4 is where I think I am having a problem. It appears to me be screwed up. It doesn't tell me what to click on and appears to be a mixture of Direction zone and Source/Destination zone info.

The Direction zone has three choices, Inbound, Outbound and Inbound/Outbound. I selected Inbound/Outbound.

I have tried leaving the Source/Destination zone empty and also tried setting it to Equals with the physical address of the source PC.

I have set the Destination/Source zone to Equals with the physical address of the destination PC.

I applied this new rule and reboot the PCs.

Still can not communicate.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.