PC Wont Boot with Disk Direcotor Suite 9

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by doubledecks, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledecks

doubledecks Guest

when i start my machine today i just get a repeating "Starting Acronis Loader....." message after the initial PC checking procedures... and it goes no further! I have had no problems up until now of it offering me the choice of 2 windows Operating Systems I have had on the machine since i bought it. I have not messed with acronis in windows, i wouldn't know how to!! I have tried booting from the acronis CD, but no joy, however the machine boots from the windows CD, and in recovery mode I can do directories of the c: drive etc... so the machine seems to be working ok, just acronis appears to have locked up! help!...

2. kite

kite Guest

looks like the os-selector was installed and activated.

maybe doing a fixmbr from the recovery console (can be started from the windows install-cd) might help to restore the boot-procedure with the original nt-loader.

3. doubledecks

doubledecks Guest

many thanks, the master boot record fixing enabled me to get into one of the versions of XP, from which i was able to restart/reconstruct the acronis loader... how does the MBR get so easily corrupted..o_O?

4. kite

kite Guest

assuming that os-selector was installed and activated on your machine that is the answer. os-selector or at least the beginning of it is installed in the master boot record.

there is something not completely fully developed under the hood of acronis os-selector. about a month ago i gave it a try and was very pleased with the beautifil full screen boot screen, but also had some difficulties, which i discussed with acronis people.

they promised me one and other would be fixed in the next build/update of disk director suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.